Shibu is a Metal Roof installer with over 11 years of experience in construction with the same employer. See below his everyday duties:
- Monitor site progress and coordination with sub-con contractors to meet target date.Responsible for ensuring that all site works of the sub-contractors are in compliance with the company`s and authorities’ requirements.
- Repaired, Maintained, and removed roofs and the installed of new ones
- Measured roof to calculate the quantities of required materials
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best procedures for repairing them
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs, and seal the seams
- Remove snow, water, or debris from roofs prior to applying roofing materials.
- Inspected composition shingles, slate and metal roofs for leaks
- Apply plastic coatings and membranes, fibreglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles
- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight
- Cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage and rust